Becoming A Travel Writer
“Alyssa was an absolute joy to work with! She went above and beyond to help me perfect my piece.” -B.F., Los Angeles, CA; L.A. Times
Girl Gone Global® Communications Services
Review our packages to get started
Learn How To Become A Travel Writer
It’s everyone’s dream job and Alyssa Pinsker, one of 15 top travel writers in the world named and interviewed in Roy Stevenson’s “Rock Star Travel Writers” can teach you how to do it. I can guide you on the step-by-step process of being published in top magazines. Former students have been published in Lonely Planet, Matador Network, and more. By my providing accountability, support, and expertise, you can achieve your wildest dreams of attending luxury press trips (and getting on the “list” for them) writing about them, and most importantly, publishing them for top magazines.
Writers of all levels will be given the opportunity to receive feedback on their work as well as placement suggestions from a professional writer and coach. Alyssa will give you the key to getting published in top magazines, the guidance to get there. This includes mentorship, coaching, editing, ghostwriting, warm contacts and introductions, networking tips, insider tips, and proofreading. We currently have a 100% success rate with students publishing their work in Lonely Planet, Matador Network, Atlas Obscura, and more.
Each month Alyssa will:
- Read client’s writing: blogs, publications, social media posts, etc.
- Provide free access to the Proven Pitch Perfect template
- Teach you how to use the pitch perfect query letter template
- Brainstorm outlets for story ideas (distribution list creation)
- Review story ideas
- Provide accountability coaching
- Provide deadlines and organizational tools
- Brainstorm, compose, edit, and review your query letters
- Give detailed feedback on query letters
- Provide edits from draft until final submission for stories and query letters
- Provide hand-selected suggestions from the 21K Girl Gone Global Rolodex for your audience (editors, publicists, and more)
- Provide strategy on how-to choose: influencing, blogging, or getting published in traditional publications
- Provide strategy, edits, and content ideas on influencer and/or blog content review and creation
- Provide insider industry information and tips
- Read your work: websites, blogs, publications, social media posts, etc.
- Edit your work: websites, blogs, publications, social media posts, queries and articles
- Review your influencer or blog content review and help you create content
- Help you create a bio and query letter template that is ready to use
- Teach you how to choose which publication to write for and which story to choose
- Teach you how to see what the publication wants and when
- Teach you who to pitch and how
- Create deadlines and organizational and accountability tools to help you stay on task
- Offer unlimited access within office hours to Alyssa for emergency questions
- Provide answers for all your burning questions
- Provide examples of winning pitches and resources to learn templates
- Provide industry resources deadlines, application, and information
- Provide feedback on query letters and unlimited edits
- Edit your draft until final submission for stories and query letters
- Provide leads to gig opportunities (editors seeking stories!) and where to find them with potential introductions
- Provide strategy on how-to choose influencing, blogging, or getting published in traditional publications
- Offer writing and press trip opportunities and connections
- Offer insider knowledge of opportunities, needs, protocol and formulas that work
- Work within your deadlines
This program ALSO includes 100% completely free access to unlimited emails, editing, 1:1 step by step guidance, guaranteed templates, and coaching
Reviewers are pitched daily by PR companies and businesses who want them to cover their product or destination. In order to write or post about it, you have to experience it. A press trip can have a value of up to $25,000 which entails flights, first-class meals, product samples, welcome gifts, and more. There is a method to this, which begins with getting on the radar of such PR companies. This is 1:1 coaching including guaranteed templates and step-by-step guidance.
*Add on: Include 5 hand-selected suggestions from the 21K Girl Gone Global Rolodex:
Additional $500 (or $1000 total)
Want to get published in top-tier media? Become a published writer? A travel writer? Write a book? Get your brand published in top-tier media? Alyssa will do a quick assessment of your writing, your plan, your business or your brand and provide insider industry information on how to reach your goals *based on 15 years of experience editing, writing for and pitching to top-tier publications and being a respected and highly-sought after mentor in media.
MEGA-ROLODEX: MEDIA CONTACT DATABASE
Almost 500 responsive engaged media contacts from top-tier publications
Wave goodbye to those expensive media databases that are full of outdated information and expensive features you don’t even need. Our peer-curated media contact database are all warm contacts, there is pay information and even notes from journalists!
Divided into 21 seperate categories such as Travel, Hard News, Personal Essays, Arts and Entertainment and more.
Includes free tips on how to get the lastest editor’s contact and how to know EXACTLY what to pitch plus a secret tool to find any editor!
SECRETS TO BECOMING A TRAVEL WRITER - $111
Would you like to travel the world VIP for free?
I cracked the code in 2015, and I am finally spilling my secrets! Leave your boring golden handcuffs and take on the world’s best job.
Become a travel writer and write your way to traveling the world VIP for free! This masterclass covers:
- What is a travel writer?
- How does one become a travel writer?
- Do you get paid to travel the world for free?
- What happens if you don’t like the destination/restaurant/hotel?
- Who allows press trips?
- What is a press trip?
- What if I like adventure travel and not luxury travel?
- Do I get to bring a plus one?
- How to get on the list so that destinations pitch YOU!
- How to get published in top-tier travel magazines!
- Plus: How to become a travel blogger or travel influencer!