HOW TO BE A TRAVEL WRITER
It’s everyone’s dream job and Alyssa Pinsker, one of 15 top travel writers in the world named and interviewed in Roy Stevenson’s “Rock Star Travel Writers” can teach you how to do it. I can guide you on the step-by-step process of being published in top magazines. Former students have been published in Lonely Planet, Matador Network and more. Accountability, support, and expertise you can achieve your wildest dreams of attending luxury press trips (and getting on the “list” for them) and writing about them, and most importantly, publishing them for top magazines.
Writers of all levels will be given the opportunity to receive feedback on their work as well as placement suggestions from a professional writer and coach. Alyssa will give you the key to getting published in top magazines, the mentorship and support it takes to get there. This includes mentorship, coaching, editing, ghostwriting*, warm contacts and introductions*, networking tips, insider tips, and proofreading. Subject specialties include non-fiction, travel, food, essays, humor and faith. We currently have a 100% success rate with students publishing their work in the New York Times, L.A. Times, Atlas Obscura, Lonely Planet, Matador Network, New York Times and more. Each month we will:
- Read client’s writing for blogs, publication, social media posts, etc.
- Brainstorm outlets for story ideas (distribution list creation)
- Review story ideas
- Accountability coaching
- Deadlines and organizational tools
- Brainstorm, compose, edit and review query letters
- Client will receive feedback on query letters
- Edits from draft until final submission for stories and query letters
- Hand selected suggestions from the 21K Girl Gone Global Rolodex for your audience (editors, publicists and more)
- Strategy on how-to choose: Influencing, blogging or getting published in traditional publications
- Or influencer content review and creation
- Or blog review and creation
- Insider industry information and tips